The Marashield product portfolio was developed specifically to meet and exceed the expectations of an increasingly demanding market, which is seeking much more than mere protection from a top coat and has now established itself as the smart alternative to film lamination:
Marashield UV Curable Liquid Coatings cover three fundamental application areas:
Primer: Applied as a bonding layer this product ensures greater adhesion of UV inkjet inks to more challenging substrates, such as glass, ensuring a far greater range of applications than ever before.
Finishing: A glossy or matte finish ensures a more eye-catching, professional look to all your print projects and enhances the commercial aspect of the work.
Protection: Marashield Liquid Coatings have passed numerous standardised and certified tests with flying colours, delivering high resistance to abrasion, chemicals, harmful UV rays, or even graffiti.
Benefits for your business
- Lower material costs than conventional laminating films
- Lower process costs roller coating eliminates time-intensive post-print cutting
- Purpose-designed products deliver better performance than ‘generic’ ones
- Consistent quality with machine application to rigid and flexible substrates for industrial applications
- Suitable for outdoor use with a high-grade sandwich combination of film, ink, and coating
- First-class results glossy or matte finish without “orange peel “ effect
Applied using roller coating, UV-AG ensures that any soiling or graffiti can be removed easily, without harming the integrity of the original printed surface.
- Anti-graffiti varnish
- Protective finishing
UV-CBG is suitable for roller-coating digital prints on cardboard materials. Potential applications include; displays, a variety of interior design objects made of Reboard® materials, and printed packaging.
- For cardboard and corrugated board material
- High-gloss coating
- Suitable for post processing steps such as folding or cutting
UV-curable ink for full-area roller coating onto flat glass. In addition to the currently available UV-CGL 170 Opaque White further brilliant colour shades will soon be obtainable.
- 2-component coating
- Very good adhesion to glass
- Very high chemical and mechanical resistance
- High opacity
Marashield UV-FXG / FXM
UV-FXG and UV-FXM are suitable for roller-coating onto digital prints on flexible materials such as self-adhesive PVC foils and tarpaulin materials (plasticised PVC).
- For flexible substrates
- High-gloss (FXG) or matte (FXM) coating
Ensures greater adhesion of UV inkjet inks to more challenging substrates, such as glass. Sufficient adhesion is provided by roller-coating the glass panes edge-to-edge with primer UV-PGL.
- Silicone-free, two-component primer for glass
- Highly transparent
- Very high mechanical and chemical resistance
Marashield UV-RG / RM
UV-RG and UV-RM are suitable for roller-coating onto digital prints on rigid materials such as various plastics, wood, aluminium composite panels (Dibond®), and cardboard and corrugated board material.
- For rigid substrates